Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Chicken Parm and Spaghetti

Chicken Parm and Spaghetti


Having never made chicken parmesan I searched through Pintrest looking at a handful of recipes but couldn't settle on one that really did it for me. However, I got the gist of what it was meant to be and set about making my own. I was pleased with how it turned out, and it looked awesome as you can see. I will certainly be adding this as a regular meal now.  I served it atop spaghetti and made my own fresh garlic cheesy bread to go with it.

My ingredients:

6 thin cut boneless/skinless chicken breasts.
Spaghetti sauce (I use the Hunts in the can. About a can(24 oz) and a half is what I ended up using.)
1 package Marcum Chicken seasoning. (You can use your favorite chicken breading/bread crumbs. I prefer the Marcum seasoning. I love the taste and it's simple.)
about 1/2 cup milk (for coating)
Grated Parmesan cheese
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Italian seasoning
vegetable/canola oil for frying
(I'm not using measurements as it's mostly eyeballing and preference.)

Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
In one pan, pour the milk, in a second pan spread the seasoning/coating of your choice. Place the chicken breasts in the milk to coat them making sure you get both sides, then place them in the coating/seasoning making sure the breading coats the chicken evenly and set aside.

In a skillet heat the oil, you need enough oil to cover half the thickness of the chicken breast. Once the oil is hot, cook each breast browning both sides and set on a paper towel covered plate.

In a casserole dish (9x13) empty one can of the spaghetti sauce. (Or enough sauce to cover to the dish.) Place the chicken spaced out in the dish and spoon sauce over the tops. Sprinkle the grated parmesan over the chicken covering the entire length of each breast. Cover that with the shredded mozzarella. Sprinkle Italian seasoning over the mozzarella. Bake 25-30 minutes until sauce is bubbling and cheese in nicely melted.

Serve overtop cooked spaghetti or your favorite pasta!!

No comments:

Post a Comment