Saturday, February 16, 2013

Cinnamon Honey Puffs

                    Cinnamon Honey Puffs


These are inspired by a recipe I saw on Pintrest and a recipe I already used for Loukemathes. Combining the two I came up with this sweet and easy concoction.

Ingredients:

1 can of Grands Homestyle biscuits
1/2 cup of honey
1/2 cup of water
1 cup of sugar
A deep fryer or a medium pot and corn/canola oil for frying
Cinnamon and sugar mixture

Directions:

Get the oil heating up in your deep fryer/pan.
Cut your biscuits in quarters place them in the hot oil.  They will float so you'll have to turn them once one side is nice and golden brown. Transfer them to a paper towel lined plate.
As I'm frying my dough I like to get my honey syrup started: Heat the honey, water and sugar together till well blended and sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat, but don't let the syrup get too cool. Place the cooked dough quarters in the honey syrup and roll to cover entire ball. (I let mine sit for a few seconds on both sides to absorb a little of the syrup.) Remove and roll in cinnamon/sugar mixture and store in an airtight container. I find that these are best warm, but they also do well being reheated in the microwave for a few seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment