Monday, February 4, 2013

Italian Meatloaf

                           Italian Meatloaf


I have to say that I have never liked meatloaf. Not as a kid, not as a young adult. It was just so blah and dryish. Not anymore. I found this recipe a couple years back when I was trying to find new foods to try with my VERY picky son and it was definitely a keeper!! So flavorful and moist! I don't follow a strict recipe and just eyeball the ingredients these days, but it's this recipe that got me hooked on meatloaf.

Ingredients:

1 1/2-2lbs ground beef
2 eggs (beaten)
3/4 cups seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 cup spaghetti sauce (I have also used pizza sauce and it's just as good.)
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp garlic salt
1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Easy Peasy- mix the ingredients together, just make sure that everything is mixed evenly through the meat. Form your loaf, and bake in a loaf pan loosely covered with foil for about 45 minutes. Take out of oven and drain the greases (the cheese does make quite a bit of grease but makes it so moist) from the corner of the loaf pan. Spoon extra spaghetti sauce over the top of loaf, sprinkle extra cheese over it and place it back in the oven long enough to melt the cheese.

Even if you're not a lover of meatloaf, give this recipe a try. What do you have to loose? If you don't like it (can't happen) then someone you know will gladly eat it for you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment