Sunday, February 3, 2013

Chicken Pillows (Crescent Chicken Squares)

   Cresent Chicken Squares (Chicken Pillows)



Now first and foremost I have to tell you. I DO NOT generally like cream cheese. Other than brownies with cream cheese filling (that has a lot of sugar in the cream cheese) I'm usually adverse to cream cheese. (I'm quickly finding that I'm not quite as adverse as long as it's an ingredient in a recipe and not on its own.) When I first found this recipe I had intended to change out the cream cheese for ricotta and mozzarella, however the little store I go to was out of ricotta and I didn't want to run to town so I decided to go with the cream cheese that it called for. I am soooooooooo glad that I did!!
I urge anyone who might be adverse to cream cheese to give it a try. I promise you don't taste cream cheese!!  I pinned this one from pinterest and soooo glad I did!

Ingredients:

1 8oz pkg Cream Cheese
3-4 cups cooked and shredded chicken
1/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 cans refrigerated crescent rolls
4 TBSP melted butter
seasoned bread crumbs
1 TBSP melted butter

1 can cream of chicken soup
1/3 of a soup can of milk

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a bowl mix the cream cheese, chicken, 4TBLSP melted butter, milk, salt and pepper.

On an ungreased cookie sheet unroll the crescent rolls and pair them by placing two triangles together to form a rectangle, and press the seems together firmly. Fill center with the chicken filling and pull the sides up wrapping it and securing it shut. Using the other 1TBLSP of melted butter, brush the tops of the 'pillows'. Sprinkle the tops with the seasoned bread crumbs and they are ready to go into the oven. Cook time is about 20-30 minutes.

Heat the soup and 1/3 soup can of milk together and spoon over the top of each 'pillow' before serving. Enjoy the delicious little chicken pillows!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic Family Favorites Blog is where the original pin came from.

    ReplyDelete